Monday, August 04, 2008

Yearning for more

Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not a straw whether they be clergymen or laymen; such alone will shake the gates of hell and set up the kingdom of heaven on earth. God does nothing but in answer to prayer.
-John Wesley-

lately i have felt an especially deep yearning to be more committed to Christ.

I am seeing the need for a more developed prayer life, I want to be more intentional effort to share God with the people around me, & I am desiring a have a higher commitment level in my lifestyle and words more than i have before.

i love this song "Yearn" by Shane and Shane... it is so pure and simple and
just so true at times!


Praise God that i am experiencing a more intentional effort to discuss Him in my friendships.

Also i am grateful for this yearning and time of hopeful expectation that my life may become more disciplined in prayer, less selfish in my actions, and more dedicated to following through on all my words.

This is not out of guilt which very easily could've been the motivation before.

It is out of the conviction
  • that true empowerment and change in the people's lives around me will only come by someone being dedicated to prayer
  • that my schedule needs to be more flexible and available if my desire is to truly help others
  • that this world is desperate and needy for people of strong conviction whose fervency for righteousness in action will match their words

“If we pray little, it is probably because we do not really believe that prayer accomplishes much at all.”
-Wayne A. Grudem-


"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."
-John 14:13-14-

No comments: