Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Last 2 Month Update

Story of the Month:

I picked up one of the ATC Trainme guys on my way to church Sunday morning at 9am. Turns out he was just walking home from a party the night before. Some of the teens lives that I watch baffle me. It turned out that none of the ATC guys i am working with went to camp, but we will start mentoring again once school starts up in February.


Last 2 Months-

Ignite- The Wesleyan summer youth camp happened Jan 8-11. It was our largest camp yet, it went smooth, and you could see teens hearts stirred especially towards missions. Starting with a youth group from scratch Paul and I prayed for 10 students to be involved with Ignite the previous year. It didn’t happen then, but I recently realized that over the past two camps we have been involved in getting 10 teens to camp, which was a cool answer to prayer starting from scratch 2 years ago.

Visitors- I have had a lot of visitors through this summer, which has also been a fun way to involve others in good conversations and enjoying New Zealand. I believe that one road trip last year was especially significant in connecting newer people to others and the church so I don’t ever count out these opportunities together.

ChristChurch- After prayerfully visiting Christchurch for a few days a few months back, I still don’t know what will come of the church planting idea here. As of now though I am planning on going through a church planting assessment over here in late February which will be interesting to see whether my giftings align with a church planting career path at all or not.

Thank You: Thank you to those who sent me presents and cards during this season. It is always such an encouragement and so good to hear from you.

"for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again..."Proverbs 24:16a

1 comment:

BJ said...

Church planters are the green beret...