Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Secret to Success as a Maturing Young Adult

A secret to doing life right is this:

Learning how to see and turn every life event into a positive opportunity to meet with God.
"What is my opportunity to get the very most out of this bad event?"

This was the separating response that a study said "made successful people successful"... It wasn't just luck and being at the right place at the right time...
 
Luck wasn't the determinate but rather people's approach to bad and good opportunities. 
There's an art to using tough events as a defining moment while making the most of good events.
The Greatest Danger is not failure but being successful w/out knowing why OR letting failure win.

The Bible puts it this way:
(No matter what the circumstance)
16 Rejoice always,  
17 pray continually,  
18 give thanks in all circumstances;
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Let me be honest.
I forgot this approach today in a conflict with a friend. 
The conversation needs to continue but i also realized that God has something He wants to teach me through this no matter what the outcome instead of life just handing me what seems like an unfixable problem.  There's something good to come out of this if I keep pursuing God and looking for it.

And the Bible reinforces this idea in another spot! (Phil 4)
REJOICE ALWAYS  
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 

PRAY CONTINUALLY 
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES
 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

THE RESULT: PEACE
 And the God of peace will be with you.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Joyful, Praying, Giving Thanks...

One secret to finding success and peace is Learning how to see and turn every life event into a positive opportunity to meet with God.

1 comment:

BethAnne6218 said...

"There's an art to using tough events as a defining moment while making the most of good events.
The Greatest Danger is not failure but being successful w/out knowing why OR letting failure win."

Have you been in my head this week? I have been meditating on these things all week. I have been praying that the Lord would make known to me what I need to learn from some things. I don't think that it is God who is hiding them, but that I am just not paying enough attention to what He is telling me.

As always, love hearing your thoughts on these things.