Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Built up and Beat down the same day... What's that all about?


A friend felt impressed to tell me that some of my dreams and heart longings were going to come about sooner rather than later this past Sunday.  That got me all excited and jacked up!  Later that same day, I had another friend call one of my passions, “Kinda weird.”  After that, I had another guy say, “Nah” when I tried to exchange numbers to catch up with him later this week.  Haha... face to face rejection!  Awesome.  I appreciated their bluntness, but it definitely takes some fighting to not let my enthusiasm be deflated in those moments.  I feel like this build up and beat down is a regular part of life but it's also a ridiculous part of life.
Isn’t it funny?  The moment I have momentum and enthusiasm, all it takes is one timely negative comment to lose the edge or steam and be derailed.  Not this time.  Not this time for me.  Not this time for you.  God’s plans seem to have too much momentum at the moment.  We must stand firm.  We must stand firm in God’s leading.  It’s worth it.  We’ve got to ride the train that God’s already at work, and that His plans won’t and can’t be thwarted.

Jesus said, "My Father is always at His work to this very day, and I too am working."
I know that You, God, can do all things; no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.

1 comment:

BethAnne6218 said...

Stay positive. We are not defined by what others think of us, but what our Heavenly Father thinks of us. We are rejected by the world and accepted by Him.