· Moose have a life span of 15 to 25 years.
· The average moose weighs between 550 to 700 kilograms. Up to 1800lbs.
· It is estimated that there are between 500,000 and 1 million moose in Canada.
· Moose are very good swimmers and can easily swim 16 kilometres (10miles).
· Moose can run faster than 50 kilometres per hour (30 miles/hr). Humans run long distances at 5-14mph and sprint 14-23mph. [i]
· Having poor eyesight, moose rely on their keen sense of smell.
· A male moose is called a bull and a female moose is called a cow.[ii]
· Their teeth are specifically structured for eating plants!
· Height at the shoulders generally ranges between 6 ½-7 ½ feet (over 2 metres).[iii]