- First Tim Hortons restaurant opened in 1964 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- The first U.S. restaurant opened in 1984 in Tonawanda, New York.
- In 2008, the 500th U.S. restaurant opens in Detroit, MI.
- In December of 2011, Tim Hortons opened its 4,000th restaurant.
- Tim Horton, an NHL player, was a partner in the company until his tragic death in 1974.
- The very first Timbit was introduced to its customers in 1976.
- Tim Hortons began its annual Roll Up The Rim contest in 1986 and more than 31 million prizes have been distributed.
- Only 56 percent of Canadians can roll their r’s similar to the company’s commercial.
- Approximately two billion Tim Horton's coffees are sold every single year (as of 2011).
- Despite having a population of just 64,128, the city of Moncton, New Brunswick, has a staggering 22 full-sized Tim Hortons franchises. That equates to 1 restaurant for every 2,915 residents.
- Tim Hortons INC. total revenue in 2012 - $3.2 million.