Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I Hate...

"What we hate says a lot about who we are… how we hate says much about how we will succeed."
Cloud, Henry. 9 Things Graduates Must Do to Succeed in Life.

We are told so much that anger is bad in the church that we always think "hate" is bad. In fact to some of my friends "hate" is a dirty word. This book went on to describe how hating is good. The Lord detests certain things(Proverbs 6:16-19) So hating somethings actually shows how much we love something. It shows a lot about what we care to protect and cherish... so below are a few things i feel that i honestly hate. Please....PLEASE give me more personal hates or insights and even feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

I hate:
Failure
Seeing someone hurt and not knowing how to help them
Disappointing people i love
Those who blatantly cause my friends with potential to not live up to what they otherwise would ( those who take others down with them)
The confusion Satan has put in this world
The power i allow habitual sin to have over me
Lies

Can I be very transparent for a sec. For those of you who make it this far to the bottom of this extremely long post, here is the vulnerable Brent. The Lord has been revealing to me lately how much i lie. IT's horrible. IT's little stuff but its huge and i hate it! ie. Someone will ask me, "How are you doing in your devotional time or with some responsibility?" and i will come up with some answer like.... "oh i am reading other books that talk a lot abot the bible and that constitutes most of my devotional time." Pretty much a whole bunch of words to say "i'm not reading my Bible!" The sad part is i have actually taught myself to believe that these exaggerations or moderations are me being optimistic about a situation rather than lying. What it really is, is me lying and avoiding my failures as a human being because i hate them! In the same book i also read this quote, "People who win in life do not condemn themselves for failure; they accept it." I am learning to be honest with myself and others. When i am finally willing to accept my failures that are normal as humans, not complacent, but accepting my failures I will see how great my God is. It's crazy but God somehow works through my failures! ON top of that, there will be a day where I will not fail and that is because God won't fail. We serve a BIG GOD! and that glorious day of victory in the Lord will be Amazing! AMEN!

...Praise the Lord for Hate, because it will make Christ's victory all the more SWEET!!!

No comments: