Friday, May 27, 2005

My echoing thought

Ok so this quote has been echoing in my head all week. I love it when that happens.

"The size of your God determines the size of your goal"

It seems that God meets you where you expect Him to. It sounds cliche but it is a matter of faith. Look at the variety in Matthew 8 & 9 alone:

8:13 Jesus heals the centurion's servant without even going to the house because of his faith

9:6 The paralytic is brought by his friends to Jesus and healed

9:19 Then Jesus actually goes with the ruler to heal his daughter

9:20 On the way a woman comes to him and touches his cloak and is healed

It's almost like, Jesus is ready and willing to help, the question is just what are you asking for and what do you expect from him? Sure God could speak in different ways at differnt times too, but a lot of the times i wish i was the centurion who Jesus didn't even have to follow to his house. Not saying that any of these people are more spiritual than the other. But do i make Jesus follow me to the house when he doesn't need to? Do i believe my God is big enough to even cure me of my little inconsistencies and continual failures? Do i have faith that through Jesus i can actually succeed at something i have failed at time and again? Jesus, give me vision and please increase my faith and view of you! Help me to truly be able to say "If You are willing, You can make me clean" Matt 8:2 Jesus, if you are willing, I believe you can take me to further places with You than i can even fathom. Not for myself, but take me further, whereever it is best, for Your glory.

"I am willing." Jesus said

No comments: