Thursday, March 29, 2012

Why didn’t someone tell me this sooner?

I started to form this list of things I wish someone would’ve drilled into my head sooner. I have been consistently surprised at how true and often I face the situations below:
  • There are going to be multiple moments that I’m scared witless and severely questioning myself and everything that I am doing, even while I’m on the right path.
  • There will be multiple moments, even on the right path, that it’s so hard I will feel like quitting it all. Just be done.
  • When I pursue my dreams, I’m going to continually hear hurtful jokes and comments, even from people who love and support me but just don’t understand.
  • To achieve dream success, there will be temporary heart shattering setbacks that I’ll have to overcome in the middle of an otherwise great life.

The craziest part is that these things can happen whether you are living life the right way or not. These happenings are not the best way for you to determine whether you are choosing the right or wrong path. They can be typical of both. Don’t get caught up in letting these typical situations cause extra discouragement or fear in your life. Instead we must look to God for guidance in whatever situation no matter how good, bad, or why it is happening.

In ALL your ways acknowledge Him

and He will direct your paths

Proverbs 3:6

No comments: