Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Reality Lie: Great Man… and a Great Failure…

The Reality Lie: Great Man… and a Great Failure…
                           In the middle of knowing that God loves me and that I have done a lot, there are so many failures along the way.  So many people that fall through the cracks that I had the opportunity to help, where I was in their lives and feel like I was supposed to help. (this was the REALITY of how I felt as I journaled…)

The Reality Truth: Great Man… with Great Failures… And Greater Redemption
                           (This was the truth I can sit on a few days after the journal).  Honestly, this statement of Great Man… with Great Failures… And Greater Redemption is my core faith in the truth of God’s Words going ahead of my feelings and logic.  The Bible says "How much more will grace abound" (Romans 5) over the effects of sin in the world (ie. failure)… God is going to use my shortcomings for His glory for greater redemption more than my failures.  This is a promise for Christ followers.  I must rest in this truth even when my real feelings say otherwise.

But where sin increased, grace increased all the more...

No comments: