Friday, March 19, 2010

An update of my life in 2010

Usually I try and keep the updates short, so I included "the short and long of it" for those who just want a quick glance or a more indepth reading of my life and ministry at the present.

The Short:

-Easter Egg Hunt Outreach Coming Soon

-Church Planting Assessment Cleared

-Raghav’s Coming to Church

-ATC Mentoring Gospel Message to be Presented

-Teaching Worship through Bass Lessons

-Approx. 3 Months Left in My NZ Term

-My Ordination is in July

The Long of It:

Easter- Cession has our annual Easter Egg Hunt which is one of our biggest community turnouts coming up this next Saturday, 27 April and my specific role is the followup and connecting of visitors to the church as much as possible afterwards.



Church Planting Assessment- I just went through a church planting assessment to see whether I should consider possibly being involved with a church plant in Christchurch or elsewhere in the future. They cleared me as a good candidate and so now I’m praying through if and how that affects my next steps.

Raghav- A worker at the Esquires coffee shop that I frequently attend for cell group and the wireless internet has been asking a lot of questions lately. He has a Hindu background but has been asking a lot of questions about Christianity. A group of us went out to dinner with him recently and he is planning on coming to church this Sunday!


Mentoring- Paul and I just finished another term of mentoring with the guys, which was really good. The next school term is in 4 or so weeks and we intend to present a more concentrated gospel message, so you can be praying for that.


Bass Lessons- I am currently trying to teach two guys (Caleb and Jason) about worship and how to play the bass to fill a role in the church band when I leave which is a good teaching and connection opportunity

3 months- I have basically 3 months until my term here is done in the mid to end of June.

Ordination- In July the plan is to be officially ordained as a Wesleyan minister if everything goes to plan!


Prayer Requests

- Raghav, the ATC trainme boys, and the Easter Egg Hunt guests as we rub shoulders and try and share Christ with them.
- Continual clarity for a job and my future calling after this term
- A good last stretch of ministry and healthy relationships here in NZ

Thanks for your support, encouragement, and continual prayers.

I have been thinking lately about how God desires for us to not only find joy but also satisfaction in what we do:

A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, 25 for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? Ecclesiastes 2:24-25

No comments: