Friday, June 11, 2004

My quick thought...

Are we becoming "Convenient Christians"? We say we would give up everything for God, but yet if we don't feel "guilty" about burning cds, then we for sure won't get rid of those potentially stolen songs because "that's my best music." What about evangelizing? We say that if the Lord told us to we would tell people about the Lord, and the Lord did tell us to(Matthew 28:19). And yet we rarely share the gospel with any of the strangers we pass because we are waiting for the "right timing" or when we feel led by the the Spirit! Sounds more like a way to be lazy and do something when we want to make ourselves feel better rather than taking the burden of the world on our shoulders and trying to carry it with Jesus! Are we convenient Christians?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brent,

Your website is awesome! You are also a good writer! Where are the pictures from your "Across the Country" trip. I want to see what you've been up to! I've been praying for your A LOT! I hope you are doing well, and I pray that God will give you many opportunities to minister to the lives in California! I love ya Brent!

Your proud sister,
Jennifer

About Brandon said...

You're a stud bro! I seriously loved reading your site. Except you shouldn't lie to people - you know my skating moves were better than yours! ha!

Also, I have a request. Can you shoot and post some pics of palm trees and the ocean for me... I already miss the West Coast!! -B