Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Small Group Thoughts

A few more thoughts from Reading Jeremiah 6 Last Night:
No, they have no shame at all;
they do not even know how to blush. Jeremiah 6:15
There seems to be a contrast and connecting between "Innocence vs. Maturity." Often we see Innocence as Ignorance and we are afraid of looking stupid, immature, or lacking credibility
I am not sure this good.
Lord help me never to sacrifice my godly innocence out of an insecurity of looking immature or ignorant.

Ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls. v16.
I have found that Rest of my soul is tied to self-worth and work
When i find my soul restless and anxious, it almost always if not always points to me trying to gain Self-Worth on my own. (This is why i try and read "You are Special" by Max Lucado as often as possible)

The only things that i feel are brought up in a public prayer request time:
uncertainty, deaths, illness, safety, provision.

Things I wish were prayed for in a public prayer time more often:
Feelings of loneliness, Time with the Lord, Opportunities to share, Discernment of good and evil, an openness to sacrifice, discipline, brokennes, wisdom, or whatever is needed to become more like Christ
(i guess that starts with me being vulnerable first.)

I Love this Promise, though!
"ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
Jer 6:15

No comments: