Wednesday, November 05, 2008

God in the voting

And this will end my political posts for awhile! :)
It was a historic day. I definitely have my questions and concerns about where America might head from here, but there was still definitely something special about the triumph of our first African American president. Whether you agree with him or not, there was a feeling of a new era coming to pass.
God be with the us and continue to watch over us..

I really appreciated this email i received from a friend on election day in the States:
"One thing that did just really put me at ease today is that I voted in a church! ...I thought it was awesome that a lot of voting is still done in church sanctuaries. Not only that, but in the church I voted in this morning, there was a huge banner with Jesus spreading out his arms hanging in the voting area and it just reminded me that God is over all this. How cool is that? It was definitely my God sighting for the day."

No comments: