Wednesday, July 07, 2004

The Beautiful Life


The Marriot
God has been good to me out here. We just finished our first week of working at the kid's summer day camp last week. I am teaching Bible and it is going to be AWESOME! It will give me an opportunity to still have a ministry and yet have a lot of time off too. You've gotta keep it real! As i am reading the through the Purpose Driven LIfe, i think it is chapters 5 and 6 that keep echoing "Life is a Test, a Trust, and a Temporary Assignment." Thinking about this really helps me keep my life in check. That is why i am also really like the Switchfoot song "this is your life, are you who you want to be?" So in honor of this siezing the day attitude, i went and ordered not a doulbe double... but a 5x5 at IN-N-OUT and enjoyed the beautiful buildings and palm trees around me. It has been especially fun talking to all of my old friends: Matt Moser, Noah Vowles, Mike Muniz, Clint Gerlek, and the list goes on and on! Just keepin' it real and enjoying it!

mmmm....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

B-
Great to catch up on ya! We just got back from Virginia Beach yesterday and had a ton of fun. I got a TON of surfing in... I think I'm ahead now! HA!
About the padres game... did I hear chicken strips and honey mustard?!? Nice! -Brandon

Anonymous said...

Brent,
I love watching all that's goin' on in your life! You post great journalistic thoughts to challenge us all! Love ya lots!
Jen
PS. You wrecked mom and dad's car? Are you kidding me?

Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff! God is so cool!! Also, kudos on the Switchfoot and DUDE I STAYED AT THAT MARRIOT (and saw Switchfoot there!)!! :p Keep rockin man. -Day

Anonymous said...

I AM Marriott