Thursday, March 15, 2007
My Blogging is Back!
It won't be every day, but i have endless thoughts to file and journal away from the past month and it will be an easy way to update you as well.
I got the camera and labtop and ipod back today.(the picture above was when i got my camera from canon!)
Today i had a day alone with God... Can i tell you how AMAZING it is to set aside a day or days alone with God with no pressures, no calendar, no way for people to contact you, no media, no time restrictions, and no have tos. I napped, i read, i wrote, i listened to worship music, i was rejuvenated, refreshed, and found myself laughing at how i felt guilty for spending too much time reading the Bible. It is kind of silly how good Satan is. I actually felt guilty for enjoying reading the word and wondered if i was spending too much time reading when i had specifically set this day aside to accomplish just the opposite!!!
Four years ago I spent a very meaningful week camping in my minivan out in San Diego. It was only fitting that the time of rest today was also spent in the front seat of the MacKay's minivan as it rained off and on outside.
I compiled a list of my favorite books along with each book's appeal:
Book (not in any specific order)
1. You are Special by Max Lucado: Simple Deep Truth For Life
2. In the Name of Jesus by Henri Nouwen: I Connect With His Heart
3. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis: Well Illustrated & Thought-out Christianity
4. Pursuit of God by A.W.Tozer: Deep & Heart Felt
5. ScrewTape Letters by C.S. Lewis: Insightful Perspective that unveils Satan's tactics
6. Wild At Heart by John Eldredge: Knowing and Discovering the Inner Man in God
7. Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren: Practical Life Truth
8. The Humor of Christ by Elton Trueblood: A New Perpective on Reading the Bible
9. Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell : Discovering Raw Truth
10. Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne : Shows need for Community and Social Action
11. The Book of James: Concrete Action For Christians to take
12. The Book of Proverbs: Simple Wisdom For Every Day Life
13. The Book of John: Beautifully shows The Love and Truth of Jesus
14. For Men Only by Shaunti & Jeff Feldhahn: Good Insight into Communicating with Women
15. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers: Great Biblically Inspired Christian Romance
Disclaimer: Keeping in mind that i am a reader, but not the most resourced reader by any means!
Posted by B at 8:41 AM